Specialized Care and Therapy during the Reproductive Life Cycle
Our team of mental health professionals is here to treat and support individuals and their partners through the changes they experience during their reproductive lives. The program’s staff includes a psychologists and therapists to help with the reproductive problems that many people experience during their lifetimes.
We are comfortable working with LGBTQIA and heterosexual individuals and couples to support them in attaining their reproductive goals. Individuals and couples are involved with the therapist to create a helpful treatment plan to suit their reproductive goals and desires.
Our treatment specialties include:
- Anxiety, confusion, or ambivalence about entering into the reproductive stage of your life
- Depression or Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder during, or after, the birth of a baby for the birthing parent and/or the partner.
- Bonding problems for parents surrounding the birth of your child
- Grief after a miscarriage, pregnancy loss, or over the loss of a child
- Stress during fertility treatments
- Pursuing pregnancy through 3rd party means (genetic material from donor(s), gestational carrier/surrogacy)
- Support through the adoption process
- Relationship challenges regarding reproduction choices at all stages of a person or couple’s reproductive life/lives
- Adjustment to the changes in one’s reproductive life resulting from biological changes. These changes may come about as a result of the natural course of the life-cycle, or through medical conditions which change a person’s ability to become a parent without medical or other types of interventions.
- Nutrition services to support one’s reproductive choices
Our Treatment Approach
Your input and opinion is an important factor in developing your treatment plan. We meet with you and your partner, if that is the case, and jointly develop a treatment plan to address your specific needs. Our treatment plans rely on what the current research evidence shows is the most effective intervention for your concern. Some of the more common evidence-based treatment interventions include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; Acceptance Commitment Therapy; Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing; Grief/Loss Therapy; Values Clarification; Couple’s Therapy.
Your appointments will focus on achieving your specific goals for improvement or change, as well as providing you time to express your feelings and thoughts, explore options, or even develop new goals as necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will services be covered by my insurance?
In most cases, yes. We accept most insurance plans. Our intake department will contact your insurance company for you to verify coverage and to determine if there will be a co-payment.
Are LGBTQIA individuals/couples/families welcome?
Absolutely! All our staff members are open to working with all individuals or couples that need our help as they go through their reproductive lives.
May I bring my spouse/partner to the appointments?
Sure. We make every effort to include family membersin your care and treatment, if you consent to discussing your confidential medical information with them.
How do I make an appointment?
Just call us at 314-289-9411 to speak with our intake department to schedule an appointment. Ask for the “Reproductive Mental Health Program.”
We’re Only a Phone Call Away
If you would rather reach our Intake Coordinators by phone, please call 314-289-9411 to discuss appointment scheduling if you or a loved one may be experiencing a mental health issue. For additional questions about our programs, you can also use our online contact form.
In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
New patients please call Intake Coordinators at:
City of St. Louis, Missouri (Macklind)
1129 Macklind Ave,
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-534-0200 (returning patients)
Chesterfield, Missouri (West County)
16216 Baxter Rd. Stes 205 and 225,
Chesterfield, MO 63017
636-532-9188 (returning patients)
521 W. Main St. Ste 201B,
Belleville, IL 62220
618-825-0051 (returning patients)